how did i get here?

my husband, my beautiful Dragon, died suddenly at 12:03 AM on 9 February 2009. there was a cold, lovely full moon and 3 feet of snow on the ground. i "slept" for the following 10 months and "woke" to the physical and emotional pain and torments of deep grief. i "woke" to find i had moved the day of his funeral and that i am lost. i am looking for me while i figure out the abstract, unanswerable questions that follow behind any death. my art has evolved. his death changed that as well because i am forever changed and will forever bear the mark of losing the only man i can ever love.
there is alive and there is dead and there is a place in between. i am here wholly in my heart for my children, but i feel empty inside at this time. i miss him. i have not gotten very far in my grief journey. i make no apologies for this.
this is my place, my blog, where i write to tell the universe that i am still here.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

art in Bunny's apartment

Bunny has been asked about her headboard and another painting that was glimpsed in one of her photos.

well, here they are. these are up in Bunny's apartment. just makes it more homey to her. little bohemian. but that's Bunny.


the shark is painted on a board that was a table in a little camper she had once in a lifetime that is now far, far away.

















the headboard was my daughter's when she was a little girl. i painted it with dolphins and a storm coming across the ocean. there is a sperm whale in a life and death battle with a giant squid. this is based on a story that "gran'pa" told us. nothing about grief this time. just a little insight into Bunny's little bohemian life.








2 comments:

Sandy said...

What beautiful art work!

Debbie said...

Just beautiful! You have such an amazing talent! Thank you for sharing.

Post a Comment