how did i get here?

my husband, my beautiful Dragon, died suddenly at 12:03 AM on 9 February 2009. there was a cold, lovely full moon and 3 feet of snow on the ground. i "slept" for the following 10 months and "woke" to the physical and emotional pain and torments of deep grief. i "woke" to find i had moved the day of his funeral and that i am lost. i am looking for me while i figure out the abstract, unanswerable questions that follow behind any death. my art has evolved. his death changed that as well because i am forever changed and will forever bear the mark of losing the only man i can ever love.
there is alive and there is dead and there is a place in between. i am here wholly in my heart for my children, but i feel empty inside at this time. i miss him. i have not gotten very far in my grief journey. i make no apologies for this.
this is my place, my blog, where i write to tell the universe that i am still here.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Beach Bunny and her Dragon ~ 2009 ~ Part Five

Beach Bunny was exhausted. she was ragged and she felt ugly. she was so lonely and missed her Dragon so very much.all she could do was keep her head down and put one foot in front of the other. no big plans. just survive each and every day, and dream.
dream of the day when the sun would shine again,
and show her the road to Heaven...
however difficult, however hard the climb, she'd do it. she'd find her way....

1 comments:

Widow in the Middle said...

The poor little raggedy rabbit! But it also looks well-loved and strong. The kind of toy kept forever because it is so familiar and loved! The best and most valued toy in the toy chest.

Your ending words to this part are moving and hopeful. I like how the photo shows a steep climb, not only to Heaven but through life.

Post a Comment